The bambinos asked if we could make biscuits today. So we made coconut macaroons with chocolate button bear faces. Obviously.
2 large egg whites
200g desiccated coconut
150g caster sugar
25g dark choc, melted
chocolate buttons (normal and giant sized)
white and dark chocolate chips
small, pink chocolate decorations - or pink icing
black writing icing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 degrees fan).
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Combine the desiccated coconut and sugar and fold into the egg whites.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Flatten slightly with your fingers - they will also spread out a bit as they cook.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Once cool, decorate using the black writing icing, and using the melted chocolate to stick on the chocolate decorations,